MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WKPT) - An elementary school principal has been suspended after being charged with buying crack cocaine. Murfreesboro Police arrested 58-year-old Donnie ...
KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WKPT) - The third of the three fatal crashes happened Friday night when a driver was ejected from his vehicle ...
KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WKPT) - A 12 year old boy died over the weekend from critical injuries he sustained in a crash on ...
- Man Dies in Friday Night Crash September 1, 2014 KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WKPT) – The third of the three fatal crashes happened Friday night when a driver was ejected from his vehicle after his pick-up collided with an oncoming car on the corner of Eastman Road and Center Street. Donald Porter was pronounced dead around 6 am Saturday morning from his injuries. KPD officials say Brittany Pearce was driving northbound on ... Read more
- Boy Dies From Injuries Sustained in Crash at Kingsport Pavillion
- Elizabethton Man Arrested for 6th DUI
- Officers injured while trying to make an arrest
- Former Sheriff’s Office employee arrested
- Murfreesboro Principal Charged with Buying Crack Cocaine September 1, 2014 MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WKPT) – An elementary school principal has been suspended after being charged with buying crack cocaine. Murfreesboro Police arrested 58-year-old Donnie Johnson on Friday after officers reported seeing him buy the drugs on multiple occasions. Johnson is the principal at Rockvale Elementary School and has been employed by Rutherford County Schools for more than 30 years. (Copyright 2014 WKPT. All rights ... Read more
- Health Department Offers Vaccines at Hillsville Flea Market
- 2 fired after teen suicides at state facility
- Testimony wraps up in former Va. governor trial
- One Person Killed in Campbell County Tractor Trailer Crash
- Prospect of Another DC Shutdown Looms Over Immigration Showdown August 29, 2014 The prospect of another economically and politically crippling government shutdown looms over President Obama’s talk of taking executive action on immigration next month and Republican threats to thwart him by blocking certain funding measures. Republicans insist they are not interested in another shutdown and that the possibility is being raised by fear mongering Democrats, but the GOP does raise the possibility ... Read more
- US Economy Growing Slower Than White House Predicted
- CDC worker flown home to US over Ebola concerns
- Joan Rivers rushed to hospital
- Military: Jet in Virginia crash based in Mass.
- 3 Million Refugees Have Fled Syria, UN Agency Says September 1, 2014 More than 3 million people have sought refuge from the fighting in Syria, the United Nations’ refugee agency announced today. That means the Syrian crisis, which has persisted since a civilian uprising began in 2011, is the biggest refugee operation in the UNHCR’s 64-year history, the agency said. Escalating Violence Fuels Syrian Refugee Crisis WATCH: This Is What It’s Like Inside a Syrian ... Read more
- Locust Swarm ‘Like the Plagues of Egypt’ Descends Upon Madagascar’s Capital
- Gaza Cease-Fire Holds as Sides Weigh Gains
- ISIS Threat Focus on Syria, But US In No Hurry to Act
- White House Knew of Recent ISIS Threat to Kill US Journalist
- Stewart Returning to Competition After Fatal Crash August 28, 2014 CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Tony Stewart will return to Sprint Cup competition Sunday night at Atlanta Motor Speedway, ending a three-race hiatus taken after he struck and killed a fellow driver during a dirt-track race. The three-time NASCAR champion has not raced since his car hit Kevin Ward Jr. at an Aug. 9 sprint car event in upstate New York. Stewart pulled out of the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen the next morning, then skipped the races at Michigan and Bristol Motor Speedway. Stewart, who was described by police as “visibly shaken” the night of Ward’s death, has been in seclusion ever ... Read more
- ETSU adds 3 players, including ex-Hoosier Jurkin
- Recap: IRWIN Tools Night Race
- Keselowski: Don’t count out Gibbs guys just yet
- Logano edged Keselowski for first win at Bristol
- See Reese Witherspoon’s Inspiring Message to Boy With Cancer August 29, 2014 Reese Witherspoon transformed into “Pink Lady” Elle Woods from her hit movie “Legally Blonde” to send a hopeful message to a four-year-old boy battling cancer. The Oscar-winning actress sent the message to four-year-old Will after learning that he was a big fan of “Legally Blonde.” “This is for one of the strongest little four-year-olds I can imagine. Will – I hear that you’re fighting so hard and strong against cancer and that in the hospital you’ve been watching a lot of Legally Blonde and loving it. I hope it makes you laugh!” Witherspoon captioned an Instagram photo of herself holding a sign ... Read more
- Lauren Conrad Designed Her Bridesmaids’ Dresses Herself
- Charlize Theron on the Benefits of Getting Older
- Joan Rivers rushed to hospital
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Pros Meet with Girl Battling Cerebral Palsy