JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WKPT) – Wednesday night ETSU sent out a release saying a third party reported a sexual assault that happened ...
POUND, Va. (AP) - A Southwest Virginia teenager faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of his half-brother.Wise County ...
The first Ebola case has been diagnosed in the United States, but a top health official said today there is "no doubt... we will ...
- ETSU Public Safety Receives Third-Party Report of Sexual Assault October 1, 2014 JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WKPT) – Wednesday night ETSU sent out a release saying a third party reported a sexual assault that happened earlier in the semester. The university’s Department of Public Safety received the report on Sept. 30. The release says the exact date and location of the incident is not immediately known. It was reported that a female student was sexually assaulted by ... Read more
- Southwest Virginia Teen Charged with Killing Half-Brother
- Milligan College Helps Feed Haiti
- JC Man Arrested for Driving on Revoked License for DUI Offense
- Norton Community Hospital Expansion
- TN Treasury Dept. Launches Program to Assist with College Savings October 1, 2014 NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKPT) – State Treasurer David Lillard announced in a press release yesterday, a new program to provide state funding to assist low-income families in building college savings accounts. Lillard continues to say the new program, called Tennessee Investments Preparing Scholars (TIPS), will provide enhanced matches for money invested by families that have accounts in the Treasury Department’s TN Stars ... Read more
- Tazewell Co. Added to List of High Drug Trafficking Areas
- Pound, Va. Juvenile Will Not be Tried as Adult for Shooting
- Over $21,000 Stolen from City of Watertown
- Juvenile Arrested for Fatal Shooting in Pound, Va.
- First Ebola Case in US, But CDC Vows ‘We Will Stop It Here’ October 1, 2014 The first Ebola case has been diagnosed in the United States, but a top health official said today there is “no doubt… we will stop it here.” Dr. Tom Frieden, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the patient left Liberia on Sept 19 and arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 20. The patient sought medical help on Sept. 27 ... Read more
- Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to 2009 Murder, Police Say
- Tiny Oxygen Masks Credited With Big Hamster Rescue
- At White House, Prescription Drug Protesters Call for New FDA Chief
- WW2 Vet Thanks Those Who Saved Him 70 Years Ago
- Why Hong Kong Residents Are Taking to the Streets September 29, 2014 Hong Kong police on Sunday night fired tear gas into a rowdy but largely peaceful crowd of pro-democracy protesters, which seemingly ballooned and spread across the city only after the moment the tear gas was released from its shell. Riot police launch tear gas into the crowd as thousands of protesters surround the government headquarters in Hong Kong, Sept. 28, 2014. ... Read more
- Obama’s UN Resolution on Foreign Fighters Explained
- American Fighting With Ukraine Rebels Urges Others to Join Him
- How to Help: The Lost Boys and Girls of Sudan
- UK remains united after Scotland referendum
- Logano wins at New Hampshire in 2nd Chase race September 22, 2014 LOUDON, N.H. (AP) – Joey Logano pulled away on the restart to win a green-white-checkered finish Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and advance to the second round of the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. Logano and Team Penske teammate Brad Keselowski have both advanced to the next round. Four drivers will be eliminated drivers after every third race, and a win guarantees a driver an automatic berth into the next round. The first cutoff race is next week at Dover International Speedway. Logano raced to his fourth victory of the season, leading 73 laps and surviving a NASCAR season-high 15 ... Read more
- Seahawks hold off Broncos 26-20 in overtime
- Brawl breaks out after hit on Eagles QB Foles
- Luck throws 4 TDs, Colts rout Jaguars 44-17
- Georgia Tech rallies past Virginia Tech, 27-24
- Tracy Morgan: ‘I Can’t Believe Walmart Is Blaming Me’ for Crash Injuries October 1, 2014 Tracy Morgan is speaking out after Walmart faulted the comedian for not wearing his seat belt in connection with injuries he sustained in June from a six-car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike. “After I heard what Walmart said in court I felt I had to speak out,” Morgan said in a statement. “I can’t believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused. My friends and I were doing nothing wrong. I want to thank my fans for sticking with me during this difficult time. I love you all. I’m fighting hard every day to get back.” On Monday, ... Read more
- Why Jennifer Love Hewitt Sent Matt Damon a Bed
- Check Out ‘Black-ish’ Star Anthony Anderson’s 47-Pound Weight Loss
- FKA Twigs Rips ‘Racism’ Flung at Her on Social Media
- First Look at Alexandra Shipp as Aaliyah in Lifetime Biopic